New Book with Tiger photos

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Book with Tiger photos
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 97 14:36:15 -0500

     Check out Dave Friedman's new book, "Shelby Racing History' @ $25.00.  It
     has seldom seen photos of Shelby's racing cars from the Cobra, King Cobra,
     Can Am, up to the Mustang.  Included is a chapter on the Shelby racing
     Tiger.  A little known fact, at least to me, is the racing Tiger started
     out as a red Alpine that had a race prepped 260 installed.  Shelby painted
     it yellow and left on all the Alpine IV badges.  All that was added was
the
     rectangular 'Powered By Ford' badges from the Cobra.  Apparently, it was
     entered in events as a Sunbeam Tiger.  Let's see, .... Alpine converted by
     Shelby's installation of a Ford 260 and now known as a Sunbeam
     Tiger.....I'll let that one go without saying anything.  The car was a
     handful to drive based on all the photos of it spinning off the track.  A
     couple of photos show Ken Miles' racing Tiger that seems to have been a
     real Tiger from the start.  At least it has the badges and side trim of a
     TIger. This book gets two grease stained thumbs up from me.

     Jeff