Re: Registration

To: Derrick Schmidt <dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Registration
From: "tim vb-o'brien" <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 12:14:08 -0800
Derrick Schmidt wrote:

> I have a '66 that is an unintentional garage queen (financial reasons).
> It has been registered in CA in the past, but I lived in Tennessee for a
> few years and it was registered there.
>
> To make a long story endless ... now that the smog bill passed in CA (it's
> pretty far from stock under the hood), I would like to get one of the
> non-use registrations while there may be less paperwork to do.
>
> Anyone know anything about an undertaking like this?  When the new law
> goes into effect, etc?
>
> No big rush, I just don't want to miss an opportunity to make a necessary
> evil a little easier.
>
> Thanks.

Derrick,
The bill offcially goes into effect on Jan. 1, 1998. The DMV out here is
not requiring smog checks as of the first of December for all cars that
fall under the new rules (pre '73 and anything less than 4 years old).
None of this should matter if you are registering non-operational.

tim o'brien