Hardtops

To: "Tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hardtops
From: "Bill and Carol Rogers" <milward@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 21:19:46 -0800
You all seem to have helped the guy lower his soft top so does anyone have
an answer to this question about hardtops?   Although we have had the Tiger
in the family from new, it has never had a hardtop.  Someone offered me a
nice one that needed seals, paint etc so I am in the process of redoing it
with the help of Tiger list parts contacts.  It was 71 degrees in SoCal
today so primer went on fine and I noticed a number in the center of the
bottom rear window support.  It was stamped and about 3/8 in high.  Number
was 1367.
Question: Do hardtops have serial numbers or is it a part #?  Are Tiger
tops unique? Who made them? If it is an Alpine top is my Tig no longer
blessed? I have not noticed anything in the books.
Bill Rogers  B9472703