Re: EngineQuestion

To: frese@muskingum.edu, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: EngineQuestion
From: DrMayf <DrMayf@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 15:11:09 EST
I do not hink 289's were ever produced with 4-bolt mains. However, the Boss
302 was. And the 351 Marine engine (but it's deck height is taller and
requires some bashing of the firewall, etc to make then fit). However, if you
have lots of money to throw around, you can get an SVO blocks from Ford, P/N
M-6010-A4, M-6010-A302, or M-6010-B302. Iffen I was to build domething, I
would use a late model 302, Hipo 289 crank, 302 rods, and hydraulic roller
cam. And a set of twisted wedge heads with pistons to match. Roller rockers.
This would pass displacement check and run like a banshee.....