Metalastik

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Metalastik
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:34:35 -0800
I don't think I've asked this on the Tiger list yet.  Maybe Tigers have
rubber differential mounting hardware similar to what my car has.

Metalastik is (or was) the band name of a type of heavy duty rubber
mounting bushing with inner metal sleeves made in the UK.  They are
sorta similar to shock absorbers mounts, but without the "ears" at the
ends.  Also they are one piece, made of a very hard rubber and are
probably bonded into their metal hangers.

Probably I can mail order these bushing from the usual US Cobra parts
suppliers or even directly from AC Cars, but I'm hoping I can find
something equivalent, perhaps right here in the SF Bay Area.  I'm
guessing something like these inserts might be used in motor mounts too.
Would a place like Rearend Specialties stock this sort of stuff?

Thanks,

Roland
cobra@cdc.hp.com