Jeez!

To: "TIGERLIST" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Jeez!
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:49:58 -0500
Everybody out of the pool!

I wish I had never heard of TAC or VIN! Some of what I've read here
recently was logically thought out, some of it pretty stupid-- I won't say
which. How about a moratorium on both subjects, with the following
exceptions: for TAC, if somebody actually wants to post the secrets; for
VIN, if someone (Marc?) wants to post the applicable laws, article &
section? Otherwise, let's all take a breather, huh?

Alternative subjects:
        Comments/suggestions on the Sunbeam event in Solomons, MD, this fall?
I'm
hoping not only to attend (a first for me since being a Sunbeam owner), but
actually _work_, but I'm not sure doing what. Hey, the PBS television show
Motorweek is Maryland-based, I wonder if we could get TV coverage for
Sunbeams?

        What is everybody using for shift knobs? Stock? Wood? Hurst T-handle? I
like the look of the bulged top early Cobra unit, which I think went on the
earliest Tigers too.

        Rear suspension: perhaps late this year I'll rebuild mine. CAT rear
springs seem appropriate (I'm already using their fronts); how about poly
bushings for the springs/shackles/Panhard rod? Available? Bad idea?

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com