Re: Suspension Bushings

To: johnson@ids.net
Subject: Re: Suspension Bushings
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:52:29 EST
Al-
So far on my '89 LX Hatch I've installed Konis, stiffer springs, Hotchkis
lower and Taxi/LTD upper rear control arms, subframe connectors, strut tower
brace, urethane (end link, A-arm, sway bar) bushings, a double universal
jointed steering shaft, caster/camber plates (which eliminate the upper strut
rubber) and aluminum, offset rack bushings. The car still rides fine in terms
of harshness. Part of the reason is it spends no time on the bump stops. I
have no regrets regarding the suspension modifications in a daily driver.
My concern in doing any of the modifications on a Tiger is that there is
already appreciable steering kickback (probably due to wider and lower profile
tires, fairly stiff springs etc.) and I'm not sure how much going to stiffer
bushings will add to the effect.
Mike Wood
B382002273