Re: Clutch master bummer

To: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch master bummer
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:24:03 +0000
Tigers,

I picked up a flyer at the Woodley Park English Car day show about an
outfit that installs brass sleeves in Master Cylinders, brake cylinders,
slave cylinders, and disc brakes. I have been thinking about Stainless
sleeves, myself, but everyone seems to be using brass.

The costs are:

Brakes:
A: Standard re-build

Calipers - $65 and up
Master cylinders - $75 and up
Brake Boosters - $85 and up
Wheel cylinders - $35 and up

B: Brake and Clutch cylinders sleeved with brass:

Master cylinder - $60
Wheel Cylinder - $40

Re-sleeving of disassembled cylinders only. All prices require core, but
will refund core charges after receiving your units. Probably can get
your own re-built, if you have the down-time available.

Brake Calipers, with Stainless Steel Pistons - Complete rebuild (British
Cars):

Midgets, MGB, and Sprite - $75 each. Healy, Triumph $95 each. Jaguar $95
and up.

Not sure where ours fit. Probably MGB size????

They also re-build British Armstrong and Girling lever shocks, American
Knee Action shocks, S.U.. and Zenith-Stromberg Carbs (Alpine).

They list a A/H 3000 Brake Booster ('63-67) rebuild for $295. I think
there was some similarity in the Big Healy lines, and the Jaguar line
for the Girling MKIIB unit, maybe some "A" (stock) units. Call then if
interested. I have had no dealings with them, and am only passing the
information along to those who wish to find some sources.

The Company is:
Apple Hydraulics, Inc
1610 Middle Road
Calverton, NY 11933