Re: Still in the trunk

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Still in the trunk
From: Dave McDermott <dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:10:03 -0700
        Jim,
        The other larger hole above the battery was originally for a clear
plastic fuel pump vent hose that ran from the fuel pump along the steel line
and into the trunk.
        There were two different jack attaching hole sets that are slightly
different depending on whether your car is a MK1 or MK1A. The MK1 jack is a
little over 17" and the MK1A a little over 19" on the cars I have played
with and the jack handles are the same. The three larger clips are for the
jack and the three smaller clips are for the jack handle. The six screw
holes in your trunk floor for these clips are clustered in the right rear
portion of your trunk floor farther back from where your battery sits. Two
of the holes are close to the rear valance bulkhead and the others a little
closer to the battery. There are a couple of pictures in Norm's book that
show the stock configuration. I'm sure it is kind of difficult to assemble a
Tiger without one to see. I hope that helps.

        Dave McDermott