Re: Greetings Tiger Owner...

To: <dsalata@umich.edu>
Subject: Re: Greetings Tiger Owner...
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 07:24:36 -0500
Shocking as it may now seem, when the Tigers were new, they did not sell
very well. They were expensive compared to their competition, a lot more
than a MG or Triumph, and getting close to Jaguar territory. About the same
as a Corvette, I think. The high price, combined with rather quirky
handling and probably the prejudice of Brit car lovers against the American
engine, and American car lovers against the Brit car, made for slow sales.
But don't feel too bad, I used to have a 58 Mercedes that was titled as a
59, so it's not just our Tigers that languished in showrooms.
Doug Leithauser