RE: Headers

To: "'FrizBMG@aol.com'" <FrizBMG@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Headers
From: "Tweddle, David D." <David.Tweddle@woodside.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 08:07:58 +0800
Greetings All from Down under (Australia).

I have just joined the Tiger mailing list and it's great!

I have a Tiger with Headers (Cat) and I fitted them loosely to the heads
(all bolts in) after lifting the Engine and gearbox in from below (so as
to not mark firewall). Once Engine in situ I then fitted the front cross
member and did everything up!

Spark plug access OK (it's all relative!)

My car is B9472884 (JAL 562441)
Original Engine 4177 F21KA
SO 2632

As I use the Tiger for Car club hill climbs (stops well uphill!) I've
put the 260 in the corner and fitted a modified 302.
It's fantastic. Heater works better than ever!

I have noticed that a 6 blade fan was once available. Is something
similar readily available now and is it effective? I've fitted a four
row Radiator core and an additional electric fan on front of Radiator
but it still gets hotter than I'd like. What is the optimum running temp
for a 302 Windsor? How hot is too hot? I've never boiled my car (as in
obviously boiling/blowing water) but it's been mighty hot a couple of
times. I've used a decade box and checked the Temp gauge and it seems to
be within +/- 5%. It has been off the dial on more than one occasion but
didn't boil. Is 250F approx boiling point with a 13lb cap (is this
correct?) and coolant?

Does anyone else with a Tiger on this Mailing list reside in Australia
(or even better - Perth, Western Australia)?

Have a great day all

Cheers
David F. Tweddle
Methods and Systems coordinator