Re: Is there a need for this?

To: FrizB MG <FrizBMG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Is there a need for this?
From: Timothy Obrien <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:10:31 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, FrizB MG wrote:
Fritz,
Two things strike me about your post.
1.) Are you sure these parts are not available? Seems almost anything is
made in Canada by Rob Martel. I have also had good success getting quality
English repro stuff from SS in San Jose.
2.) After looking at the middle and inner rockers of my SV, I think 18
gauge is a little thin. I could be wrong (and if I am, someone here will
surely point out the error of my ways!).
It is good though that you are happy with your supplier. Too little of
that these days.
tim

> Hi Tigers
>  As I have mentioned in previous postings I am getting the "hard"part of my
> car (sandblasting,welding,and body panel replacement)done by a company called
> Auto Metal Masters of Pickerington,Oh.As the work has progressed,at various
> points they have had to fabricate different  metal replacement pieces because
> these parts are no longer available(if they ever were).So this brings me to
> this question:Is there a market for  these ready made replacement pieces that
> arent available anywhere else?
>   Among the more important pieces of interest that they have made for me are:
> 1) door post to rocker panel extension
> 2)inner rocker-complete
> 3)inner structural rocker support panel(approx 54" long x 7 1/4" high)
> All panels are pressed out of 18 ga sheet steel.
>  The company is intent on advertising on the internet at some future date,as
> they become more computer capable.Auto Metal Master has been in business for
> 10 years.They have previously relied on word-of mouth and car shows to supply
> them with customers for thier services which has been focused on custom metal
> fabrication for street rods and the like.The Owners name is John Phillips who
> has over 15 years experience in this field.
>  Any feed back the group has on this matter,pro or con would be greatly
> appreciated.
>  Let me close this e-mail by saying I have no financial interest in this
> company,other than I am a satisfied customer.As I watched the restoration my
> Tiger body,I became certain that I was not alone in my need for certain not
> produced replacement parts.That is the real purpose of this e-mail,to gauge
> the depth of that need.
>  Thanks for your time and feed back on this matter.
> Tony Frisbey

tim vb-o'brien

vbob SJ,CA
'66 Alpine Series V B395002095