Re: autocrossing Tigers, was hood mods

To: MWood24020@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: autocrossing Tigers, was hood mods
From: RSpontelli <RSpontelli@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 23:42:15 EST
>  Anything which sheds light on autocrossing Tigers,
>  I would suggest, is always appropriate to this list.
>  Even if it starts a thread of what the competition
>  runs!

Sorry, Mike.  I guess maybe I've gotten a bit oversensitive 'cause of the
antics of the off-topic policeniks on the list.  I always thought of the list
as sort of an extension of the types of things we used to talk about at Tigers
United--in the parking lots, the rooms, around the ice machines.  It wasn't
always Tiger related, but it was always Tiger people talkin' stuff.  Some
people on the list don't see it that way, and some of them have been pretty
damn rude about it.

>  By the way, any word if the Tiger is ever going
>  to be eligible for F stock in  SCCA?

Not that I know of.  The stock Tiger runs in C Stock agains Alfa 2000 Spiders,
Datsun 2000 and 240./260/280Zs, Dodge Charger and GLH Turbos, non-turbo RX-7s,
Morgans, V6 Fieros, Porshe 924 and 944s, MR-2s, Triumph TR-8s, and TVRs.  I'd
think it would do much better there than in BSP--If only I had one with virgin
wheel wells!

>  I might be tempted to replace my 4 year old A008R's and have at it.

I'm not a stock-class type person, but I think you can run those in the stock
classes nowadays.

>  . . . got burnt out quickly in having my a-- kicked in SCCA BSP,
>  driving a basically stock Tiger with 5.5" rims and 185/70 tires!

Even though I've had my a-- kicked plenty, I'll refrain from faking the glory
of the experience.  I have tried to "endeavor to persevere" by remembering
that when the man drops the green flag, there are only four things that
matter:  me, the car, the course, and the clock.  It's hard to visualize a
"win" when you finish two and a half seconds behind a driver who's beaten you
by three or four seconds all year.  But it is.  And if you keep it up, sooner
or later you will "win."

Ramon