Re: autocrossing Tigers, was hood mods

To: rdmallory@earthling.net, MWood24020@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: autocrossing Tigers, was hood mods
From: RSpontelli <RSpontelli@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 00:24:21 EST
>  I have been racing for 25 years and it takes lots of practice to drive a
> Tiger. I helped teach a drivers school and a national driver showed up and
>  took his hand at the Tiger. After looping it twice he gave up.

Yep.  We've never had a driving instructor who hasn't lost it trying to show
us how to drive the Tiger.  Most memorable was one old-timer who actually
owns, but never autocrossed, a Tiger.  He took out the timing lights.

Then there was the really good instructor, who, on the second day of the
school, after having also "lost" the Tiger, was lecturing on the course walk .
. . "and right about here, after you get it straightened out, is where you
really want to jump on the gas . . . UNLESS you are driving a Tiger . . . "

Ramon