Re: LAT 70 MOLDS

To: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@best.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: LAT 70 MOLDS
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 19:50:52 -0500
I have LAT-70's on my car, & while they are a good looking wheel & a good
period piece they are a pretty lousy wheel from a functional standpoint.
They require a tube, in a tubeless tire world. there is about nothing
avalible in the way of high perf. tube type tires, & using a tube in a
tubeless tire pretty well wipes out the speed rating, so now I'm running
around in a 130 mph car that I can't get suitable tires for my cool
original type wheels. No I don't drive it that fast, or at least haven't
recently, but that is not my point. I sure hope these wheels are better
than they look, cause they look like they were some high school kids
metalshop project, with rough castings, a big parting line & only the
outside machined. But, like I said, they look cool, & are apropriate for
the car, so they stay on.

Doug Leithauser