Tigers United Update...Plus.....

To: Alpines List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tigers United Update...Plus.....
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 00:56:26 -0700
Howdy Everyone:

Tigers United XXIII is shaping up nicely, thank you, with a couple of
interesting guest speakers lined up, a great autocross, rally concours,
Tiger Quiz, banquets, lunches, and much funo being planned. As usual,
the weather will be excellent, as it is for all Sunbeam events, always
(I hope!).

Thirty six reservations have been made at the Northwoods so far (as of
Wednesday last week) so if you plan on going, which of course you do,
call the hotel now. Also, get your reservation in as soon as you can
too, as this helps us to figure how many T-shirts, trophies, dash
plaques and other goodies we need to plan for.

If anyone out there has any good contacts with sources for door prizes,
or who want to sell at the parts swap/sell, let me know. The more the
merrier. Be sure to get all your old, musty Sunbeam parts, and good ones
too, together as this is the place to sell or trade them. The parts
sell/swap will take place during the concours in the some location.

More info to come as it develops.

SIGN UP NOW!!!!

Finally, on a more personal note....

Anyone out there have a used Sunbeam clock they want to sell me? Working
or not (more likely!) is fine.I just spent ALL day re-doing the gauges
in my '67 Alpine and I need to fill that hole in the center of the dash.
All I care about is that it have a black face. Any year is fine, as long
as it fits the hole.

I forgot how much "fun" it is to take out (and even more fun to
re-install) the oil gauge. Man, that procedure was designed by some kind
of sadistic .....well, you get the idea. Someone put that metal plate on
either side  with the express purpose of making it almost impossible to
get to the oil gauge.

Has anyone figured out a better way to remove (and re-install) that
gauge, other than lots of swearing at it, which eventually worked!?