Yet another opinion on 5-speeds

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, lrw@aop.com
Subject: Yet another opinion on 5-speeds
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:04:53 EDT
In a memo dated Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:08:01 -0400 "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
wrote: Yet another opinion on 5-speeds

"The point about cams is important; I have the Ford Motorsports GT40 302,
and I was _warned_ to get that cam out in favor of something milder, but I
didn't listen. Now I fall off the bottom of the torque curve. But honestly,
whom amongst you ever voluntarily _lowered_ the HP of your cars?"

Larry,

I would like to know more about this.  I am unstalling the GT40 engine, with
aluminum heads and the B303 roller cam into a TR6 (see website below if
interested in the details).  I called the Ford tech hotline, but they couldn't
give me any information on the torque curve for this engine. I am very curious
as to why you think that cam might not be suitable. (I am using a T5
transmission, with a 2.95 first, 0.63 fifth,, and a 3.7 Ford 9" rear axle, and
215/65 R15 tires - 26.1 inch diameter. The car weighs about 2600 pounds,
probably pretty close to the weight of a Tiger)

Appreciate your comments,

Thanks,

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN