Re: My worst nightmare; Oil pressure problem;update

To: joe brackin <joetiger@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: My worst nightmare; Oil pressure problem;update
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:10:43 -0400
At 01:47 PM 4/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ihe latest looks like this, I removed the gauge line from the block and
>turned the pump with the drill. The good news is oil comes out of the port
>immediately. So now it sounds more like the gauge or gauge line. Any gauge
>troubleshooting to do?? Is it possible for the pump to work only when there
>is no pressure??

Joe,
        If you still haven't pulled the pan to see the oil pickup
tube setting in the bottom of the pan then try this:
        Plug the gauge hole. Pull valve cover. Run drill motor
in reverse to drive the pump and look for a lot of oil comming out of the
push rods.  Run for some time in case some oil has drained back into the
oil pump and your oil pickup is off. Running just a few seconds may give a false
indication.
        Alternate is to buy a new oil gauge and try that.

        Remember to disconnect the postive battery cable at the battery before
trying to remove the starter. ( Have to remove starter to get to the pan bolts).
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others