Re: Re: Potporri

To: richards@northcoast.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Potporri
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:42:24 EDT
Hi Chris
 On Sunday you sent in reply to my potporri posting:
<<I would put a windage tray in the engine.  Low cost and a great benefit.

Have the motor balanced...about $130-170 at most shops that are equipped to

do it.  polish and port the exhaust manifolds.  260 V8s assemble like the

289.

Chris in Trinidad>>>
 OK,Ill bite.So what is balancing?(when I took the 260 in for rebuilding I
told the shop owner I wanted it balanced.He said it already was.I assume that
he was talking about the rough balancing that Ford did,and what you are
refering to is a finnesse-ing to make it purr-fect.)Do I need to take in a
wholly assembed short block ..or just some of its components?
Tony