Concorse and such

To: "Steve Sage" <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Concorse and such
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:30:51 -0700
Steve,
You remember the discussion that came up last year, after the old
standardized judging criteria was changed to a very detailed multi page
format, much like what is used by many other clubs, such as the Volvo club,
Jaguar and many others, to make for a true Concourse.
You are so right we are all crazy about our cars and the $$$$ we invest, but
with that in mind the judging used, will better prepare us as to what to
expect, I do think that to be fair indeed.
As you also remember the longer judging criteria was dropped last year, just
2 weeks prior to the event, because of severe pressure from a few
individuals, and it became a show only, which is fine, but we should have
known that prior as to prepare accordingly.
You told me last year that you would improve on the Concourse event, as to
prevent this from happening again.
I always have fun, either way, and I certainly hope I can attend this year,
Big Bear is a super spot, and your attendance looks spectacular indeed.
We discussed the Masters Class, as well as the Special Interest category,
these are used by most clubs out there, and I explained their criteria in
the past, this just makes the competition more on an even playing field.
In the Volvo club the Masters was based on 3 wins in regular class moves the
car to Masters, this enables the regular class to open up and give other an
incentive to strive for the GOLD, this also makes the Masters participants
try even harder.
The special interest class is for one of a kind cars, as well as prototype
cars, and such, as not to sway the votes to go to a one off car, as only
bonafied production cars qualify in the standard class.
This format is used as I previously mentioned, by most clubs I know.
Yes these cars are for fun, but also we are sure proud over the cars that
are getting restored out there, you are going to see more and more original
cars popping out of the rest shops in the years to come, and these guys are
not just going to want them judged as a popular vote, this can be done at
the local park in any car show every weekend all around the country.
I am certainly not the only one who has expressed this as a concern, and I
do believe that input is important.
I publicly apologize if I was negative in my prior note, but I probably
pushed the send button to fast, as we sometimes do.
I look forward to hearing back from you, and I know others will as well.

Regards,         Jan...