Re: Bellhousing for top loader/289 6 bolt

To: "Gegg, Bill" <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Bellhousing for top loader/289 6 bolt
From: mmeswarb@huntel.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:17:45 -0600
Bill,

I modified a blow-proof bell housing of unknown origin (swap meet
special) to fit the Tiger trans tunnel.  Most blow proofs are
essentially a can that is rounded on top to clear MOST trans tunnels.
Unfortunately, the rounding doesn't go far enough to work in the Tiger.
I cut two crescent shaped holes about 5" long, then welded in flat stock
to continue the rounding to fit the Tiger.  My bell housing was cheap
and, being used, had no warranty.  Not sure you'd want to do this to an
expensive new one.  Even though this surgury may reduce the scatter
shield-ability, its still got to be better than aluminum.  I like to
drive and want to keep my feet.

Good Luck,
Mark