Re: Alpines vs. Tigers

To: Dallas Bowen <thebowens@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Alpines vs. Tigers
From: Dennis Crimmins <Crimmins@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:37:49 -0700
Dallas Bowen wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Very good observations and the last part about reputation are words to
> live by.
>
> In case I didn't make it clear in my original letter, the Alpine V8
> already has
> Tiger emblems on it, but is registered as an Alpine.
>
> After the feedback I have gotten, I am no longer considering the
> Alger. Lack of
> knowledge about it's background, ie: who did the conversion, condition
> of engine,
> etc., is enough to turn me off (it is at a car lot).
>
> I am still very interested in any comments or thoughts anyone wants to
> share on
> the subject.
>
> Dallas
> PS. What's a Spridget?????
A Sprite or a Midget.  An Austin Sprite or an MG Midget.  Engine sizes
ranged from a small 870cc (I think)  "A" series 4 banger in the bugeye
Sprite circa '57 to a 1275 cc Motor in the 70's.  The Bugeye Sprite did
not have a comparable MG marque but after that body style all of the
Midgets and Sprites had exactly the same body parts.  Chrome and other
small things were different, but essentially the same car.

Dennis Crimmins