RE: TU XXIII and VERY LITTLE TIGER CONTENT

To: "Jeff Howarth" <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TU XXIII and VERY LITTLE TIGER CONTENT
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:04:22 -0700
Tigers,

Really cannot agree with Jeff more......having been a judge here in town for
the Annual British Car Day, I am simply amazed at the kind of belly-aching
one must put up with.  With regard to the Sunbeam Club, we arrive, have fun,
stuff the ballot box and leave.  We typically have the nicest club display
and win.  The other clubs bitch that "they always win" and usually those who
bitch the loudest usually do the least.

Believe me, I am not pointing fingers at ANYONE on the list here or anything
else....quite to the contrary, I consider at least one or two dear friends
and support their right to disagree....just stating observations over the
years.  In addition, being a sales and marketing puke, I have set up many
meetings myself and $35.00 per person is really no big deal.....as a matter
of fact, the food will probably not be all that good.  Meals at banquets do
not really start getting palatable until you start hitting the $60 range.

Once again, I support everyone's right to disagree, and the thing I like
most about this list is that (generally,) we agree to disagree without
slinging too much mud.  (Note: generally.)  Suffice to say, if we don't like
it, get involved in the process and set the next one up yourself.....be an
agent of change.  Unfortunately, in this country where our vote is
considered a sacred right under the Constitution, we still only get 18% of
the population out to vote.  This amazes me.  A guy who Michelle works with
listens to Rush while he works; lets out rebel yells, complains about the
government and then does not vote.  Now I make it a practice whenever I hear
someone bitching about something in the government, I ask: "Did you
vote????"  It is simply incredible how this line of questioning stops people
in their tracks.

No wonder I hear the folks at STOA are considering not putting on another TU
in 1999.  Hell, it does not appear to be worth the grief.

Allan
B9472373

 (See Martha, there is one of those crummy sales and marketing pukes out
there.  Told j'ya!  And just think of it; they let him on our list!!!  What
is the country coming to Martha??  It's going in the bleeding Sh-tter that's
what it is!!  How the hell was that guy smart enough to get one of our
cars........must've been sabatoogie!!!  Yeah, a commie plot!!!  <;-{)>  )