"Dick Drenske" <ddrenske@murraycompany.com>: Re: 3rd Cobra

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Dick Drenske" <ddrenske@murraycompany.com>: Re: 3rd Cobra
From: brockctella@juno.com (Brock C Tella)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:28:25 -0600
The attached might be of some interest.Dick is the nephew of  the
legendary Doane Spencer.
72 Pantera-65 Tiger-96 Thunderbird 4.6
From: "Dick Drenske" <ddrenske@murraycompany.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <detomaso@realbig.com>
Subject: Re: 3rd Cobra Day, June 13
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:28:51 +0000

Brock
Finally got the info from my Aunt on the engine, data as follows:
Last racing engine built by Doane Spencer
302 Ford
Balanced and Blueprinted
High lift solid cam
Roller rockers
Forged pistons, rods and crank
Alum Heads ported and polished
High flow oiling system and windage tray
HP estimated at 400 to 450 with carb
HP estimated at 800 with supercharger
The engine has been verified by Ed Pink
The twin to this engine is in Doane's 55 T bird presently in the Peterson
Museum along with his 32 Ford roadster
They are asking $ 15,000 I don't know what they will take
He usually sold his engines at between 18 & 20K

>>> Brock C Tella <brockctella@juno.com> 06/18/98 06:02PM >>>
Shane, to help you with your education on Cobras, in 1969 Jim Adams
driving a Spencer Doane( Dick Drenskes uncle) prepared 260 Sunbeam
Tiger(349 h.p.) blew away 427 Cobras, Corvettes Shelbys and only lost the
1965 B Production championship because a Corvette ran into him on the
first lap at Daytona. Now theres a sports car.
72 Pantera-65 Tiger-96 Thunderbird 4.6

Comment: Mailing List for DeTomaso Enthousiasts