Re: Oxygen sensor

To: Gary A Winblad <gary_winblad@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Oxygen sensor
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:57:15 +0100

Gary A Winblad wrote:

> Where did you install the oxygen sensor?  Is it acceptable to put
> it in the collector of the header or will this mess up the tuning
> of it?  I plan to add one soon.
>
> Gary Winblad
> B9470585
> B9470622

Edelbrock recommend as close to the manifold as capable.  Since I have the
manifold, and not headers, I installed it about 3" down from the manifold to
exhaust pipe connection.  They give you all the parts but a "plug" to plug up
the hole, if you want to.  They are available at muffler shops.  Only need to
put it one one side, unless you have an assymetrical engine, othewise buy two
kits or a switch for two wire connections and a ground.  Mine all comes off with
quick-connect electrical fittings and velcro.   The unit is only 1 x 3 inches.
If your at Big Bear, I'll show it to you.  I'll know exactly how rich I am
running at altitude.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >