THE GAME (Plus electrical stuff)

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: THE GAME (Plus electrical stuff)
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:39:30 -0400
Lawrence R. Wright
lrw@aop.com

> From: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@best.com>
> Subject: THE GAME
> At 09:08 AM 6/25/98 -0700, Larry Wright wrote:
> >3.14159........
> >(Inability to master CAD program, design of die may be flawed)

> Partial numbers have been categorized as "edgeies".  You are allowed to
> select a card from the center zone "EDGE-Y'S" stack.  Resulting moves
prove
> very tricky and most often end wide of the course - overboard.
(oversteer???)
> Larry has been sent, Bill Martin's damaged equipment.  Should he be able
> reactivate the (trapped in the crack) virtual die, regular numbers will
be
> possible.

Thank you. Re-engineered virtual die, it now has corners, no longer with a
diameter of 1 and a circumference of 3.14159...  Unfortunately, now stuck
with 2-dimensional dice, read out in binary (1's on one side, 0's on the
other), don't roll very well. Came up with a 2 (well, one-one) on 2nd try;
on the first I got 0, which is outside Norm's stated parameters.

Thanks, everyone, for advice on electrical woes. Spent some time under dash
checking temp gauge, all looked well. Opened hood and immediately saw wire
unconnected from sender. 30 second fix.

Turn signals even stranger. All four corners worked, but indicator on dash
stayed on always. Couldn't figure out what might cause that. On a lark I
pulled out flasher unit*. Sylvania #550, I don't think original; not even
sure what unit _was_ original. Most of the markings worn off, which doesn't
sound good for a unit not in contact with moving parts and never exposed to
sunlight; must really old. Got to local parts store 5 minutes before
closing time, bought a Wagner #550 for $2.99; when I plugged it in, the
indicator worked perfectly and the flashing rate about doubled. Not a part
of the car one normally thinks about.

*There's no challenge in commenting on this sentence; let it go.