Harrington LeMans Tiger

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Harrington LeMans Tiger
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:10:30 -0700
So, you just never know what you'll encounter driving down the road.
(City references are for the San Fran Bay Area for the right coasters on
the list).  I drove my Tiger from San Carlos down 101 (I hate driving it
on 101) to Palo Alto yesterday at lunch, parked it in Palo Alto, met up
with my wife and headed out east across the Dumbarton Bridge in our
Jeep.  Just as I got on the bridge I found myself following a Harrington
LeMans Tiger being trailered.  I've been involved with Alpines/Tigers
since 1969 and this is the first one I've ever had the opportunity to
see.  Unfortunately it was at 55 mph going across the Dumbarton.  It was
absolutely beautiful.  I'm sure many of you know this particular car -
blue, CA plates "HARNGTN" (Not sure I got that exactly correct - too
busy looking at the car!) and British tags DUU 5500.  Guessing it was on
its way back from Big Bear or the Palo Alto Concours (which was on
Sunday).

So, who is the luck owner?

Dave
B9471930