Re: Overheating

To: "Dave Binkley" <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Subject: Re: Overheating
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:31:25 -0700
Dave,
It may just simply be that the cap is worn out, they only last for 2 or 3
years, the spring goes bad inside, and what is to be a 13 # cap, may now
actually have become a 5 # cap...
You can go to Pep Boys, and they sell a coolant system check kit, it comes
with: a cap tester with a small pump and a gauge, florescent dye to put in
the radiator, along with a special light for checking the leaks as it shows
where they are from the dye escaping.
Additionally, your radiator may be plugged at he bottom 1/3 f the core,
causing none or minimal cross flow, also check that the hoses to and from
the PUKE tank are not chinked thus reducing/restricting your flow once you
hit higher speeds/revolutions, causing inadequate flow for proper cooling.
Also do check the water pump bypass hose on the water pump itself by the
generator.
And do check your thermostat as well.
I would check all this prior to pulling the water pump.

Now with al this in mind, you should have plenty to keep you from getting
bored this weekend!!!
Do NOT let this go, as you could cause some serious damage to the engine
quite fast...

See Ya'          And a Happy 4th to you and Ms. TIGER !!!!

Jan....