Re: Alger identification

To: Brock C Tella <brockctella@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Alger identification
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:39:22 +0400
Hey Brock,

I note that I was on cc for your message:  << Why not crush all
Alpines? Ecology Autowrecking pays $250.00 per car. >>

>From this I deduce that I am being, once again, tarred with the wrong
brush.  (Not that this is anything new or surprising... God knows ol'
Rosy Palmer has tarred me with some dillies of late!)

I'm the guy who likes Alpines quite a bit.  In fact, I am still
looking for one for my wife.  (She is a bit too lead footed to drive a
Tiger as a full time deal.)

More to the point, I don't even object to Algers or Alpine
conversions.  To set the record straight, the only thing I have ever
objected to is passing an Alger off as a Tiger.  Anyone who sticks a
Tiger VIN on an Alpine is specifically and deliberately attempting to
defraud somebody else, either today or in the future.

--Colin Cobb