Re: Tiger identification

To: jparent@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Tiger identification
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:39:20 -0700
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:39:07 -0700 (PDT) Jim Parent <jparent@yahoo.com>
writes:

>What about the question of conversion to a 1-wire alternator?  I've
>seen a single reply as to how it was done.
>
>Hasn't anyone else done this change?
>
>Can you post the steps you went through?

Check out the Summit Racing web site:  something like
www.summitracing.com
They sell them and answer all your questions there.
I will be doing this myself in a few weeks, I ordered one today but it is
back
ordered for 20 days...
Going to use the CAT club bracket.   The alternator is a GM one so you
need
a spacer to physically mount it... otherwise it should fit (at least
thats
what Darrel Mountjoy told me a while back).
Electrically speaking, you can't get much simpler than ONE wire!
I will use a fusable link or fuse in that one wire as I hook it to the
starter solenoid right where the big wire from the battery hooks up.
I'll let you know what I do with the regulator and wires when I get
it in..

Gary Winblad
San Jose (any place close to you?)