Alpine Transmission Question

To: Alpines List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alpine Transmission Question
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:20:17 -0700
I have posted this before (I'm getting old and I forget!) but has anyone
done a 5 speed conversion on an Alpine? My drive up to Big Bear and
Tigers United reminded me how much my Series V could use some
transmission help. I'm debating doing an overdrive -vs- a five speed if
it's feasible. The engine's been rebuilt and bored out and has lots of
mid range and high end power but it runs out of RPMs all through the
gears just as things are getting interesting. Longer first and second
gears would really help. Plus, 70-75 MPH means 4500-4800++ RPM and
things get very noisy and "buzzy" at that point.

Thanks!

Steve Sage