LA Alps-Is this a Gripe Session?

To: Jay Laifman <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: LA Alps-Is this a Gripe Session?
From: Wyndham Chow <lytebrite@cinenet.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:07:56 -0800
Jay, et al-
I'll be happy to attend, with a few caveats:

I've been a fan of the camaraderie of clubs for years having participated in
varying degrees in BMWCCA, and local BMW chapters in Texas, Vespa scooter
organizations in my youth and most recently CAT. The recent postings on this
list have really soured me on the whole notion of participating in any events
if the point is to gripe about who is ripping whom off (see Tigers United
thread) or if Alpine owners will authenticate their conversions-you're
kidding, right?

I'm damned proud of my Alpine. I ALWAYS answer, "No, this has the four banger
in it". I probably spend as much on my Alpine as any Tiger owner out there,
and I like to talk cars. If there ARE like minded people out there, I will be
happy to go to events. Heck, I will even host them. Let's just have our
meetings without the full glass of WHINE!

p.s. Saturday mornings are great-How about mornings near the beach? A good
place to meet is the Rose Cafe in Venice. Big parking lot and good breakfast.

-Wyndham