Re: Radio

To: Brock C Tella <brockctella@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Radio
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 07:12:39 -0700 (PDT)
 Brock,

 I installed a stereo just before united last year, I ran a power line to
 the battery to avoid stressing out the Lucas harness. Most new stereo's
 have a 12v switched line going in ( ignition ) and a 12v constant line
 ( battery ) the yellow is usually the ign and the red is the load or
 battery.  My Mk1 had the optional Motorola radio and the antenna is in the
 location you mention below. I have yacked to Norm about this in the past
 and he says the dealers stuck them everywhere. I don't think there is a
 wrong place to put the antenna, as for power I ran a Batt line and
 pulled ign power from the ign switch.
 good luck,
 Bill