COOL CAT

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: COOL CAT
From: "carl" <butley@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:01:51 -0400
Hi Bill and all,
 I had a few messages about my Tiger AC. installation. I installed it on my
Tiger on a dare
from others that worked for me when i used to custom install ac units in
all sorts of odd
vehicles. This was about 10-12 yrs. ago but i can still remember most of
the probs. encountered.
I actually sold a few kits that i made up at the time.
This is what i remember that i used.
sankyo-axial compressor
custom 5 row radiator (made locally)
stainless steel 5 blade fan from napa
slight modification to shroud and move pulley back on fan as much as poss.
extra pulley groove cut from an old pulley and welded onto existing crank
pulley. a Real thrill to
        change belts.
electric fan from a Mercedes 250C i think. (it's been awhile)
underdash ac evaporator kit from ARA now out of business
small dryer from local napa store
water temp switch, sender and relay added last year to keep elect fan from
running all the time
when ac is on.
 The compressor is mounted about where the header tank was and i made
flattened tank to put up
by the brake fluid res. The extra pulley groove drives only the comp. and a
idler pulley.
the other two major modifications were to put two Toyota hood vents, 1 on
each side of the hood and
i cut a hole in the panel between the two front hinges

All sounds simple dosen't it. It sure wasn't then but it works quite well
and made the car pretty decent
for summer driving and a real attention grrabber with the hood up. If
someone wants to look at it
just let me know. I have some pix i can scan and send if someone wants to
see them. I'am not sure
how to send them though. Hope this helps a little bit.
        Carl