Re: Book Report

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Book Report
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 20:04:09 -0400
At 12:27 PM 7/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim, et Listers,
>
>Oh, if only ...
>...what
>about the "several more racing Tigers"? How many exactly and when? I guess I
>will have to go buy this book myself.

Bob,
        #45 or #45B, #74 and #50 plus the Red one in fall of 1963.

        Buy the book before you knock it.

The hood scoop treatment on #45 is unique.  Pictures on page 67 show
a couple of black marks on the inside of the hood.  Was Lew Spencer
running with no air cleaner at Tucson and having backfire problems?

        The #45B on page 66  clearly had "Alpine" script on the side.
Below that was a rectangular "powered by Ford" sticker and below
that an Alpine IV badge.
        The #45 on page 149 clearly had "Tiger" script on the side.
Below that was a rectangular "powered by Ford" sticker and below
that an Alpine IV badge.
        From the captions I have derived that #45 had an Alpine script at
Laguna Seca
B Production race and had a Tiger script at the Willow Springs USRRC race in
May 1964.

No Alger script was noted,

        I sent a copy of my "Book Report" via E mail to Dave Friedman.
I hope he responds.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others