Re: clutch problems

To: "Curt Cacioppo" <ccaciopp@haverford.edu>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: clutch problems
From: "Joe Hankins" <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 22:28:14 -0400
Curt,

I replaced my clutch last year.  As I recall, it cost me about $400 in
parts, which included a new flywheel. (I went with a Centerforce clutch).

It is possible to do it without removing the engine, 'cause I did it in my
garage. It was a major pain, though. If you have access to a lift and a
transmission jack, it probably would go pretty smooth.

But, before you start pulling your hair out, have you checked the clutch
hydraulics? Does it get better if you pump the clutch?

I'll be glad to give you more details on the job the way I did it if you
want.

Joe