Fw: Windshield

To: "tiger list" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Windshield
From: "Jim Shadowen" <shad@gate.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 21:41:43 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas McDowell <mcdowellty@internet.educationconnection.k12.ct.us>
To: Tiger <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 11:00 AM
Subject: Windshield

>Tigers,
>
>I'm looking for a new windshield.  I spoke with Lo-Can International
>this AM and can purchase the Triplex, made in England, for $252.
>I'm in Massachusetts so I can save the shipping.
>
>Victoria British has windshields for $211. including shipping.
>VB couldn't tell me who the supplier is, or where the windshields are
>made.  I don't want to make the wrong choice to save $50. On the other
>habd, if the VB is just as good, I'd like to save the $$.
>
>I welcome any advice from those who might have had the experience.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Tym McDowell
>Tym@exit3.com

My experience with VB windshields goes back about 7 years and is similar to
Jan Hardie's.  The first one delaminated in two weeks, the second one was
delaminated on arrival, the third one started delaminating in about six
months; it's still in the car but needs replacement.

 However, all these windshields had the Triplex label molded in so I'm not
sure we should condemn VB.   Assuming VB is still shipping Triplex brand,
does anyone have information that would suggest VB's Triplex is inferior to
anyone else's Triplex?   My Triplex from VB does not show where it was made.
Do some Triplex windshields say "made in england"?

 I too, am about to buy a windshield  so I would appreciate input.

Jim