re 289 Hi-po

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re 289 Hi-po
From: "Anthony Day" <tonbren@chariot.net.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:38:10 +0930
        I have just purchased a 289 5 bolt GENUINE Hi-Po engine for my '66
Mustang
Fastback I am building. I realise that the '66 Mustang should have a 6 bolt
motor but a this point the car will never be pristine as it has had a front
clip at some time. But I thought I could always bolt it into my Tiger if I
wanted to return the Fastback back to original.
        The price I paid for the Hi-Po completely rebuilt with some genuine Ford
parts where they were available, the others were generic motor is complete
except for carby but includes bell housing and all reciepts for parts and
crack testing was $3000 I think this was fair although freight to Australia
will add to that. These motors do appear to be getting hard to find. Was
that a reasonable price to pay.

                        Regards Tony Day     South Australia