Re: Did anyone go?

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Did anyone go?
From: Stephen Sorenson <math1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:50:24 -0700
Mike,

Good suggestions concerning the Monterey Historics.

We went to the Historics on Sunday morning.  We came in the back way, on
Reservation Road.  Traffic was light.  We drove the Tiger straight into the
Shelby
Corral, and parked next to the turn 5 foot bridge.  Within a few minutes, we
were
in the paddock.  The Shelby club provides a valuable service in coordinating the
corral passes.

However, I do have a word of warning.  Traffic and parking in Monterey, in the
Fisherman's Wharf and Canary area, was terrible.  I recommend staying away from
that area during race weekend.

Steve Sorenson