Re: Dead in The Water in Brenham (longish post #5)

To: CobMeister@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dead in The Water in Brenham (longish post #5)
From: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:07:05 +0200
CobMeister@aol.com wrote:

> Hey Gang,

> One minute, sixty miles per hour, just

positively purring along -- incidentally, that exhaust note really is
growing
on me -- and the next second the engine is dead as the proverbial door
nail.

Colin
I had a similar problem with my Tiger - cutting out for no apparent reason and
then coming alive again.  This was in the 96 Rally des Alpes, so when it finally
died we lost the day completely.  After an ahour's wait, it took the tech crew
10
minutes to locate the fault - there's a resistor in the wiring circuit, just aft
of the dynamo.  The wire to the bottom of it (out of sight) was loose and kept
detaching itself.  Simple little thing but disastrous effect
Keep the stories coming!
Colin Mills
B9473407
Outside of Geneva, CH