Delamination

To: Tiger Net <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Delamination
From: Larry Paulick <larry@netkonnect.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:16:10 +0000
Sever weeks ago, there was a posting on delamination of the front
windshield.  I purchased a Triplex winshield for my restoration, and
will be storing it for a year or so.

I went to an auto glass company, and asked about this issue.  They knew
of the English Triplex product, said it was fine, indicated that
moisture was the problem in delamination, and suggested that if it is
not going to be installed for a while to put silicone glue on the
outside edge to seal against moisture getting into the lamination.

They also suggested in storing it upright like they do, and not laying
on the face, as it may distort from its original shape.  I learned years
ago in physics that glass is a liquid, yes, a liquid.  Look at Colonial
house window panes and you can see the flow, even though it is very,
very slow.

How this helps some of you.

Larry