bash/eat/pipes

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: bash/eat/pipes
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:52:36 -0400
A) Yes, this _is_ the Bashing List.

B) louabbot@mail.ameritel.net wrote:
>Someday I'll have to tell yall about Cheseapeake Bay Blue Crabs. Get a
long
>picnic table, roll out a roll of brown butcher paper for a table cloth,
get
>a few wooded hammers, rolls of paper towels and bring on Da Number one
hard
>crab for good eating!!

Oh, boy; I didn't think about this. We're about to have large numbers of
Sunbeamers visit Maryland, and they're going to see us eat. Perhaps they
don't know the state motto, "Maryland: we disassemble crustaceans with our
bare hands*". Most will never want to cross the Mason-Dixon line or the
Potomac River again. If you're our there, Kirk Even, please ensure that a
crab feast is _not_ on the menu anytime during United!

*Crab mallets & knives permitted for first-timers.

C) Been reattaching the exhaust to the headers; the new collector gaskets
(trying out Percy's aluminum re-usable ones this time). Got one side hooked
up last night, and by the time I got out from under I was checking the
hanger brackets for "DK" stamps. Old Desmond Kluge must've had a hand in
the design of this system. I've been warned to install the system with _no_
tension on any brackets or I'll be transmitting exhaust resonation to the
pan of the car. Well, there's some tension, all right, and some of it is in
the exhaust. Anybody ditch this setup in favor of more conventional
hangers? I can see that keeping the pipes up close to the car is critical
(that's how I got into this mess); there just has to be a better way.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Division of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com