Re: Seat Belts

To: Larry Paulick <larry@netkonnect.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 20:45:39 -0400
At 06:14 PM 8/29/98 +0000, you wrote:
>I am looking for a 3 point seat belt for my Tiger.  I have seen these on
>other Tigers, where they use the 2 existing seat belt mounts on either
>side of the seat, and the 3rd mount located in an existing hole on the
>rear wheel well.

>Larry,
        Be sure to examine the "3rd mount" on the rear fender well.
I found that the area was rusted out on my Tiger, even though the
rest of the fender well was not rusted.  Apparently the 1/4" plate
spot welded to the fender well was an excellent place to collect
water.   I have a 3 point setup, but I connect to a special bolt
on the outside of my roll bar.  I do not have retractors.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others