Re: Seat Belts

To: Larry Paulick <larry@netkonnect.net>,
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 08:43:39 -0700
Larry,

I am using the 3 point belts offered by Moss
Motors.  They fit perfectly, look good, have the
good old lever release, rather than the
pushbutton, are made in the USA, come with all
mounting hardware, and mine was made in 1998.

Returned the OEM NOS seat belts I had obtained,
that are shown in Norman's book, as they weren't
as good. I've tried two British and one
American seat belt for extensive testing.

You know the one I chose.  Main difference,
besides lever design and new belts, is that the
shoulder belt is NOT a slip-fit through the lap
belt buckle.  There is a pull-cinch type end on
the male buckle portion.  This allows you to
adjust the seat belt lap tension, and the slack in
the
shoulder portion, independently.  They don't both
have to be tight to keep your but on the seat.  An
easy pull on the rear belt tab adjusts the
slack in the shoulder part, after you're happy
with the lap part.  MUCH better design.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >