V6 Alpine

To: Bill Goebner <wgoebner@pacbell.net>,
Subject: V6 Alpine
From: Timothy Beloney <TBeloney@Wyse.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:00:00 -0700
Hopefully I don't get verbally abused by all the Tiger owners out there, but
I've got a really nice 62 Alpine that I'm considering dropping in a Ford 2.8
V6 into since I need to move to a new clutch and synnchro tranny anyhow.
Have you guys heard good things about this?  My very first car was a Capri
II and I had pretty good luck with it (well, the engine anyhow).  Having
bought a house and gotten married all in one year and now thinking about
kids, a Tiger is not in my immediate future - besides, I like the fins on
the Alpine.  Unless someone wants to donate a beater Tiger for a good
Alpine, that's the way I will probably go.

I'd be interested in hearing what you guys have to say, even the abusive
comments.

Tim