Sheet Metal Flanging Tool FIXED

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sheet Metal Flanging Tool FIXED
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:42:57 -0400
Tiger Folks,
        While I was writing the previous mail on
this subject I decided to try to get the die assy apart
, as that was the only thing I had not had apart.
 I was finally able to get it apart and found that
a simple steel piston with a threaded shaft was all there
was.  There were holes in the shaft that passed into
the area that the air operated shaft entered.  I could
understand that the air operated shaft was used to displace
the "air" through the holes in the shaft and then drive
the steel piston backward, thereby closing the die.
It was then obvious to me that the "air" displaced
would not provide near enough power to close the die.
This tool apparently is an air/hydralic machine.  I
added hydralic jack oil to the hole in the steel
piston and reassembled the unit.  Works like new!

Sometimes just talking (or writing) a problem out
allows the problem to be solved.

Now, I can get back to the rust hole in the Tiger.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others