Fun Ford Sunday

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fun Ford Sunday
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 22:07:45 EDT
Stopped by the Fun Ford event today to drop off a clutch cable I owed Tom
Hall.
Plenty of neat stuff, with four of our Bay Area Tigers making the show. Don't
know how the Tigers did in the show, it was too hot for my young children to
want to hang out for more than an hour or so. Supposedly 400+ cars and it sure
looked like it. The most eye-opening display was a line up of 15-20 Ford
Retractable hard tops. Definitely not one of Ford's "better ideas", but
nonetheless entertaining! Also in attendence was a '70 Mustang fastback which
was an original Ford "Drag Team" car. What was real cool about it was that it
was basically in "as raced" condition, no further mods, no restoration etc.
Yes, it was very rough, as any car sitting outside for 20+ years would be, but
it really had a certain "patina" about it. Great time for Blue Oval fans!
Mike Wood
B382002273