RE: California Melee

To: "'ritchie@mcn.org'" <ritchie@mcn.org>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: California Melee
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:16:36 -0700
Armand,

This was "The 7th Annual Day Before The Britcars Day".  It takes place every
year on the Saturday before the Sunday when the Palo Alto British Car Meet
is held.  There was a post on this a couple of weeks ago.  Route was:

through Portola Valley, up Highway 84 to San Gregorio General Store (84 and
Stage Road) over Stage Road to Pescadero, stop at Norm's for picnic
supplies (Stage Road in Pescadero) down hwy 1 to the Pigeon Point
Lighthouse for picnic lunch overlooking the ocean down hwy 1 to Bonny Doon
Road, Left to Bonny Doon Winery (Bonny Doon Road at Pine Flat) from Bonny
Doon to Empire Grade, down to Hallcrest Vineyard (Empire Grade Road near
Hwy 9) from Hallcrest to Hwy 9, thence to The White Cockade by approx 4 PM
for beers and early dinner (shepherd's pie, fish and chips, etc.)

Sounds like fun and they must have gone right past you.  I didn't go on the
Saturday tour, but my wife and I did take the Tiger over to the British Car
Meet in Palo Alto on Sunday.  Nice turn out of about 8 Tigers and 4 Alpines
(not an exact count).  The highlight for me was getting a good look at Bill
Van Velkinburg's one and only Harrington Tiger.  What a beautiful car.

Dave