Hardtop latches

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hardtop latches
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:03:15 -0600
Hi all,

I have a hardtop of questionable vintage and ancestry that I'd like to use with
my (mk1A) Tiger. The hardtop has stamped-steel over-center latches at the
windshield header. These things don't seem to fit correctly into the windshield
frame catches, and the over-center action (when I can get it to engage) pops the
catch back off again, while putting enough stress on the stamped-metal part to
bend the end of it.

Was the stamped-metal latch standard equipment on hardtops? Is it possible to
refit the cast ones used on a soft top (I have two spares)?

Thanks in advance,

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705