Re: Why we own Tigers with rod length and oil additives

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Why we own Tigers with rod length and oil additives
From: DrMayf@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:46:48 EDT
Very curious, especially concerning the all to recent and continuing arguments
for names of Alpines with Ford V8s. I do not believe in any instance I ever
tried to palm my V8 powered Alpine of as a Tiger. Never. I have stated that I
wish to have the fastest Sunbeam on the planet and when I drag race it, the
quickest.  As to INSANELY Modified, I also ask to whose standard? Do I plan on
driving this vehicle on the street? Absolutely not. Is it a bonafide race car?
I believe so. I has the original Alpine steel body and underpinings. While
everyone has a right to an opinion and I listen to those opinions, I do not
believe that tagging someone with INSANE is reasonable. My chioce of
recreation is surely not yours, but it is mine and I take offense to your
characterization.